A recent accident is a reminder to keep your eyes on the road no matter who climbs into the car with you.
A SMASHING SUCCESS
A driver in the UK smashed into a road sign after he became distracted trying to remove a spider from his car.
According to the UK Daily Mail, the driver was travelling in the town of Wootton on the Isle of Wight. He saw the spider, freaked out and tried to get the insect out of his car. This caused him to plow directly into a road sign.
A WARNING TO OTHERS
The man suffered minor injuries, but his car was totaled.
Isle of Wight police posted a picture of the accident with a warning to avoid getting distracted by spiders or other seasonal critters.
AT LEAST HE PARKED NEATLY
Some people saw the humor in this situation. Several Facebook posters wondered jokingly if the spider had made it out alive. Some complimented the driver for his “nice even parking between the white lines.”
Others noted that the accident could have been much worse. The driver could easily have run into a row of people or a school bus instead of a road sign. As one poster said, “If they did this while on their phone, everyone would be critical, but because it is a ridiculous reaction to a small spider, everyone thinks it is funny.”
DON’T BUG OUT
According to transportation safety experts, bug-related car accidents are rare. Bugs can bug you, but they’re not as distracting as using a phone while you drive. If you see a bug in your car, don’t bug out.
- Couple Recreates Iconic Woodstock Photo 50 Years Later
- More Seniors are Downsizing into Tiny Homes at Retirement
- Woman Finds Long-Lost Engagement Ring On A Carrot 13 Years Later
- Company Makes ‘Hug-A-Hero’ Dolls For Children With Deployed Parents
- Grandma Rescues Base Jumper Dangling Off High-Rise Building
- Beep, Beep! Real-life ‘Wile E. Coyote’ Caught On Video Chasing Roadrunner
- 7 Amazing Photos Of Hummingbirds’ Wings Shining Like Rainbows
- Rare Rainbow Snake Spotted In Florida For The First Time Since 1969