Add a sparkling touch to any gathering when you bring out this refreshing adult beverage. A pitcher of White Wine Margaritas is an instant party starter.
White Wine Margarita Is a Fresh Take on a Classic
There’s something special about a margarita. Lime juice, salt and bright orange create a refreshing combination. Sometimes, however, the pungent flavor of tequila can overwhelm that freshness. The alcoholic potency of tequila can make margaritas dangerous to drink.
This White Wine Margarita takes care of both those problems. Instead of tequila, it uses white wine and triple sec for a milder taste and lower alcohol level. This adult punch offers a fresh, sophisticated take on the famous cocktail.
Enjoy the Flavors of Summer
This White Wine Margarita lets you enjoy your favorite summer flavors in one intoxicating blend. The fruity flavors of chardonnay get a spark from the citrus of limeade and orange juice. The sweet flavors contrast sharply with the salted rims for a drink that’s like a tropical vacation in a glass.
Tips for Making White Wine Margaritas
- You can find chardonnay and triple sec at any liquor store.
- You don’t have to buy top-shelf chardonnay or triple sec for this. Any inexpensive brands will work.
- Cut lemons and limes into wheels for garnishes. This video shows you how.
- Serve White Wine Margaritas in traditional margarita glasses or wine glasses.
What to Serve with White Wine Margaritas
These margaritas will be the star attraction at any party. You can never go wrong with Classic Shrimp Cocktail or a Grilled Pineapple Salsa served with tortilla chips.
If you have guests who would rather skip the alcohol, make Nonalcoholic Margaritas.
White Wine Margarita
The sweet flavors of a White Wine Margarita contrast sharply with the salted rims for a drink that's like a tropical vacation in a glass.
- 1 bottle Chardonnay
- 2 cups limeade concentrate
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 2 cups water
- kosher salt
Add the Chardonnay, limeade, orange juice, triple sec and water into a large pitcher.
Wet the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and then dip the rims into a bowl filled with kosher salt.
Pour the White Wine Margarita concoction over ice and garnish with lime slices.
- Orange Slice Moonshine – a potent way to celebrate the season’s sunny flavors
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe – fresh, juicy lemons, sweet honey and fragrant lavender
- Raspberry Summer Breeze Cocktail – perfect combination of tart and sweet!
- Southern Peach Cocktail – great for turning into Southern Peach Popsicles!
- Piña Colada Sangria – the perfect summertime party drink