Josh Madsen, a police officer in Pasco, Washington, got a gift that moved to him to tears from local resident Cassandra Berg.
Loving K-9 Lemon
It all began in December, when Madsen’s longtime K-9 partner Lemon died. Lemon and Madsen worked together for eight years and became inseparable companions.
Lemon had recently retired from the force and was looking forward to living with Madsen, but a serious medical condition put an end to those plans.
When she heard the news about Lemon, Berg recalled how Madsen and Lemon helped her family in a time of need. She recalled meeting Lemon, who helped her children cope with a difficult situation.
Berg contacted a company named Cuddle Clones. The company worked from photographs to create a stuffed-toy replica of Lemon.
Tears All Around
“It looked so realistic,” she told KMIZ News. “When I pulled it out of the box, I started crying.”
Madsen was also reduced to tears. Berg captured the moment in a poignant video she posted to her Facebook page.
She said it was “awesome” to be able to do something special for the officer after everything he and Lemon did for her family.
MORE ANIMAL STORIES
- Meet The Quokka – ‘The World’s Happiest Animal’
- Dog Stays By His Brother’s Side After Being Hit By A Car And Left To Die
- Adorable ‘Unicorn Puppy’ Has A Tail Growing Out Of His Forehead
- WATCH: Alpaca Herd Peacefully Grazes Below A Spectacular Pink Sunset
- Penguin Swims 5000 Miles Each Year To Visit The Man Who Saved Him
- Dog Left Alone In Car — Drives In Circles For An Hour!
- Brave Woman Saves Screaming Koala From Bushfire With Her Own Shirt