Does your husband spend a suspicious amount of time in the bathroom? If you suspect he might be using bathroom time as break time, you might be right. On the other hand, spending unusual amounts of time on the throne could point to a serious health problem.
According to health professionals, the most time a healthy adult should spend perching on the porcelain is five minutes.
While it’s true that some men use their bathroom time to primp, read, chill out, get away from work or even take a nap, some of them really are taking a long time to poop.
Longer Pooping Times Could Mean Serious Problems
Here are some troubling reasons your favorite guy might be spending too much time on the throne:
- He’s dehydrated. Men who don’t drink enough water produce dry, hard stools that are hard to pass.
- His diet is bad. A high-fiber diet full of vegetables, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats makes it easy to empty your bowels.
- He could be getting hemorrhoids. Taking too long to do his business can result in painful, embarrassing hemorrhoids.
What Can You Do About It?
If you’re concerned about all the time your partner is spending behind closed doors, it’s time to speak up. You might discover that he’s doing something harmless like reading his email or checking sports scores.
On the other hand, if it’s genuinely taking him a long time to get moving, it’s time to consider some lifestyle changes or a call to your doctor.
- Cities Are Building Elder Playgrounds For Boomers To Exercise And Play
- Smelling Rosemary Improves Memory
- Birth Month Flowers and their Meanings
- Scientists Develop Arthritis Vaccine That Blocks Pain
- New Cytophone Laser Detects and Destroys Cancer Cells In Bloodstream
- Grandparents Who Babysit Are Less Likely To Develop Dementia And Alzheimer’s
- Do You Suffer from Chronic Dehydration?