If you’re starting to plan ahead for spring planting, make room in your beds for gorgeous, endearing Dwarf Teddy Bear Sunflowers. They’ll add charm and color to any garden.
You’ll Want to Hug These Fuzzy Teddy Bears
If you think of sunflowers as 15-foot-tall flowers with huge blossoms, get ready to get surprised by this version. Dwarf Teddy Bear Sunflowers are not as tall as regular sunflowers, and they develop softer, fluffier blooms that only get bigger and fluffier the more they grow.
The name “Teddy Bear” refers to these cuddly, furry blossoms. They come in gorgeous shades of yellow that will brighten your day. Their fuzzy leaves, bright color and nice height make them perfect for borders, containers and fences.
Growing Your Own
Like all sunflowers, Dwarf Teddy Bear Sunflowers are low-maintenance and easy to grow. Follow these tips for loads of stunning blossoms:
- Plant the seeds in full sunlight after all danger of frost has passed.
- Seeds germinate in 7 to 10 days.
- Sunflowers need well-drained soil.
- Sunflowers don’t generally need fertilizer, but if your soil is poor, prepare it with compost or organic fertilizer before planting.
- Water your sunflowers regularly, but don’t let the soil get waterlogged.
- Dwarf Teddy Bear Sunflowers grow about 3 feet tall.
Will They Produce Seeds?
Just like classic sunflowers, the Teddy Bear version will start producing seeds about three months after you plant them. Your sunflowers will attract many colorful songbirds during this time.
You’ll need to wait for just the right time to harvest those seeds for yourself.
Where Can You Buy Teddy Bear Sunflowers?
Are you excited about planting fuzzy, cuddly and gorgeous Dwarf Teddy Bear Sunflowers in your favorite spot of sun?
If you want strong, healthy plants that will bloom quickly and consistently, buy them from a trusted seed supplier. These seed sellers on Etsy are good sources of fresh seed that’s certain to germinate and produce beautiful plants.
- People Are Turning Broken Flower Pots Into The Cutest Fairy Gardens
- Here’s The Proposed Route For The 3,700-Mile Continuous Bike Trail Across The United States
- Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangeas Produce Gorgeous White and Pink Flowers
- Smelling Rosemary Improves Memory
- How To Grow Your Own Avocado Tree With Growing Kit For Under $20
- 50+ Amazing Outdoor Living Ideas
- Pineberry: Real Strawberry With A Sweet-Tart Pineapple Flavor
- Birth Month Flowers and their Meanings
Leave a Reply