Invite a taste of the tropics to your next summertime gathering with this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. It’s a fantastic way to update an old favorite.
It’s Always a Picnic With Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Long, hot summer days are perfect for recipes that don’t require any heat except a grill.
This colorful salad is the perfect recipe to have on hand for every summer meal. It goes perfectly with all those burgers, chicken, hot dogs and veggie burgers you’re throwing on the hot coals. It’s also fun to take to all your summer potlucks, barbecues and last-minute gatherings.
Taste the Tropics
This salad combines the sweetness of pineapple with the freshness of Greek yogurt and a touch of sharpness. Cheddar cheese gives it a welcome bite. It takes just minutes to prepare, and you don’t have to spend any time over a stove.
If you like macaroni salad but you’re bored with all the versions of it you’ve already tried, this version will revive your taste buds.
Tips for Making Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- You can leave out the ham to create a vegetarian version of this tasty salad.
- The recipe calls for elbow macaroni, but you can use other shapes. Rotini, farfalle, shells and penne are all pasta shapes that work well with a macaroni salad.
- Do you know how to cook perfect pasta? You should always add salt to the pot and never add butter. Get these and other tips here.
- Store the salad in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Check it right before you serve it. If it looks dry, add more dressing.
What to Serve with Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
If you want to pair this delicious salad with the perfect summer cocktail, make this wonderful Tropical Hawaiian Margarita.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
This colorful Hawaiian Macaroni Salad goes perfectly with all those burgers, chicken, hot dogs and veggie burgers you're throwing on the hot coals.
Stir the macaroni and apple cider vinegar together in a large bowl. Allow to cool.
Add in the remaining salad ingredients.
Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
Pour over pasta, then stir to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Honeycrisp Apple Broccoli Salad – loaded with crunch and full of healthy ingredients
- Cruncy Asian Kale Salad – chopped, crunchy salad with lots of fresh veggies
- White Bean and Farro Salad – farro is a delicious & chewy whole grain with a mild nutty flavor
- Tortellini Pasta Salad – the best side dish to take to your next BBQ
- Southwestern Couscous Salad – the perfect side dish that’s hearty enough to be a main meal