This Avocado Chocolate Mousse is not only a healthy choice for chocolate lovers, but it’s also one of the easiest dessert recipes you’ll ever make! It’s so rich, creamy and chocolaty that you’ll forget it has avocados in it. And for those of you on diet restrictions, it’s good to know that this is a vegan, dairy free, paleo, and gluten free treat!
How Does Avocado Chocolate Mousse Taste?
I am guessing that some of you are skeptical about using avocado in a dessert. Well, to be perfectly honest, I was skeptical myself. After all, we have been conditioned to believe that an avocado is not a versatile fruit. We love it in foods like guacamole and salads, but most of us are not used to adding it to sweets.
Avocados go especially well with chocolate because of their thick, buttery consistency. The creamy texture makes them a perfect match for rich, decadent desserts. Even though medium avocados contain about 29 grams of fat, they are deceptively healthy. This is due to their high concentration of monounsaturated fat, which can lower LDL cholesterol.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can’t taste the avocado. What you will taste instead is a silky smooth mousse that is full of chocolate flavor with just the right amount of natural sweetener.
How To Make Avocado Chocolate Mousse
In a food processor or blender, add the avocados, cocoa powder, coconut milk, honey (or Stevia), vanilla extract, and banana.
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the container. Blend again, making sure all ingredients are blended thoroughly.
Remove the blending container and cover. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour, until completely cold, before serving. Serve 1/3 cups of Mousse, topped with a sprinkling of chocolate chips and raspberries. Enjoy!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2 large avocados ripe
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup Stevia (optional substitute for honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana
- 4 tsp dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups red raspberries
In a food processor or blender, add the avocados, cocoa powder, coconut milk, honey (or Stevia), vanilla, and banana.
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Scrape down the sides of the container. Blend again, making sure all ingredients are blended thoroughly.
Remove the blending container and cover. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour, until completely cold, before serving.
Serve 1/3 cups of Mousse, topped with a sprinkling of chocolate chips and raspberries. Enjoy!
Here are some of our other favorite recipes you may enjoy:
- Easy Gluten Free Brownie Cookies – deliciously fudgy and so easy to make
- Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits – enjoy for breakfast, a mid-day snack or a healthy dessert
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe – the mere scent of lavender has been shown to reduce anxiety
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes – a perfect bite of tropical bliss.
- Maple Pecan Blondies – get ready for the ultimate in rich, gooey decadence
- Apple Cider Shortbread Cookies – these cookies melt in your mouth and are not overly sweet
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – make a great breakfast or the perfect snack between meals
Leave a Reply