If you love chopped, crunchy salads with lots of fresh veggies and a wonderful dressing, this Crunchy Asian Kale Salad is sure to please even the pickiest of appetites. You can have it ready in a short time. Just add your favorite toppings and you’ve got a great healthy meal that is satisfying, flavorful and delicious!
Why We Love Kale
Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables in the world. This superfood is low in calories, high in fiber, and loaded with an assortment of minerals and phytonutrients. Among the many health benefits it provides are detoxification, heart support and cancer prevention.
How To Give Kale A Softer Texture
Although many people love the crunchy toughness of raw kale, many others prefer their kale to be softened before eating. This can easily be accomplished by “massaging” the kale with a little lemon juice and a pinch of salt. The key is to rub the leaves with your fingers right up to the point where they begin to wilt. Not only will this process tenderize the kale, but it will also reduce the bitter taste of the leaves.
Variations For Crunchy Asian Kale Salad
In addition to what the recipe calls for, you can also top your asian kale salad with crumbled bacon, chopped rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken, chopped steak, chopped egg, chopped peanuts or pecans, crunchy noodles or any of your other favorite toppings.
Crunchy Asian Kale Salad
If you love chopped crunchy salads with lots of fresh veggies, and a wonderful dressing, this is sure to please even the pickiest of appetites.
- 1/2 head green cabbage chopped and washed
- 1/2 head red cabbage chopped and washed
- 1 bunch kale chopped and washed
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce chopped and washed
- 1 bunch Italian parsley chopped fine and washed (stems removed)
- 1 bunch green onions cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and chop all the vegetables, then dry on kitchen towels to ensure that water has been removed.
Place all chopped vegetables in a large bowl, then place bowl in refrigerator.
In a blender, add the coconut milk, almond butter, lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, and a little salt and pepper. Blend until thoroughly mixed.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
OPTIONAL: You can also top the salad with crumbled bacon, chopped rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken, chopped steak, chopped egg, chopped peanuts or pecans, crunchy noodles or your favorite toppings.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Honeycrisp Apple Broccoli Salad – loaded with crunch and full of healthy ingredients
- Cruncy Asian Kale Salad – chopped, crunchy salad with lots of fresh veggies
- White Bean and Farro Salad – farro is a delicious & chewy whole grain with a mild nutty flavor
- Tortellini Pasta Salad – the best side dish to take to your next BBQ
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats – healthy, easy to make and low carb (keto approved)
Leave a Reply