If you thought blondies couldn’t get any more indulgent, get ready for the ultimate in rich, gooey decadence with these Maple Pecan Blondies. These dreamy bars are just the ticket if you want a dessert that doesn’t hold back when it comes to pure pastry pleasure.
Give In to the Pleasure
Do you love brownies, blondies and other rich delights? Are you fond of French toast with maple sugar? Did you ever wish you could combine all those flavors into one luscious dessert?
That’s just what these blondies do for you. They mix the flavors of maple, pecans and vanilla into an ultimate blondie that there’s just no point resisting.
Tips for Making Maple Pecan Blondies
- Real vanilla extract is expensive, and you might have been led to believe you have to use it to get the best flavor. Good news! As it turns out, even expert tasters can’t tell the difference between real extract and inexpensive vanilla flavoring. Use what works for your budget.
- If you’re out of brown sugar but want to make these anyway, try making your own brown sugar. You’ll always have it on hand when you need it.
What to Serve with Maple Pecan Blondies
These blondies are perfect for brunch or as dessert.
The smooth, nutty taste and the hint of breakfast flavors in these bars make them a natural with a Hot Nutty Irishman.
For kids or those who are avoiding alcohol, pair them with a deliciously simple White Hot Chocolate.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Apple Cider Shortbread Cookies – cookies that melt in your mouth with a creamy cider glaze
- Fall Harvest Chex Mix – classic party recipe but with the fall-friendly additions of spices and pumpkin seeds
- Bourbon Apple Bars – combination of slightly tart apples, sweet streusel, rich bourbon and buttery crumbs
- Octoberfest Brats and Apples – an easy skillet meal that will warm your belly and your soul
- Pumpkin Pudding Cookies – velvety cookies that melt in your mouth
Maple Pecan Blondies
Maple Pecan Blondies combine the flavors of maple, pecans and vanilla to create the ultimate blondie that can't be resisted.
Heat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 13x9-inch pan with non-stick baking spray.
In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
Set to the side.
Add the softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
Mix using a electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until smooth.
Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
Begin to add one-third of the flour mixture, best to combine.
Now add half of the milk, beat until combined,
Repeat with flour mixture and milk.
Add in the baking chips and pecans.
Stir in to combine.
Spread pecan batter evenly in your pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Verify the bar is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick in center until it comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely.