Picking up dog poop is probably the least enjoyable part of owning a dog. If you’re tired of doing it yourself, now you can let a robot do the job.
Get the Scoop on High-Tech Poop Scooping
A company called Beetl Robotics has come up with a machine that any dog owner would prize. It’s called the Beetl, and it does the whole messy job for you.
How does it work? If you’ve ever seen a Roomba in action, you might have an idea of how the Beetl works. It’s a compact machine that looks like a small lawnmower.
The best part about the device is that it works on its own. Beetl uses real-time image analysis to detect piles of poop in the grass. It then goes toward the poop, stops and uses a mechanical claw to pick it up.
It’s Programmable and Automatic
You can program the Beetl to stay only in your yard. There’s no chance it will start running around and picking up your neighbor’s yard poop, unless you want it to.
Beetl puts the scooped poop inside a disposable container that you can lift out and toss in the trash.
Where Can You Get A Pooper Scooper Robot?
We know what you’re thinking. You’ve got to get a Beetl before you pick up any more stinky, icky dog poop or step in a forgotten pile of it. Unfortunately, the robot is still in development and not yet ready for the public. With luck, it will be available for all your Christmas gift-giving next year.
More Stories for Animal Lovers
- Panda ‘Daycare’ Is Real And It’s The Most Adorable Place On Earth
- Family’s Heartfelt Gift To Policeman Who Lost His K-9 Brings Him To Tears
- Meet The Quokka – ‘The World’s Happiest Animal’
- Dog Stays By His Brother’s Side After Being Hit By A Car And Left To Die
- Adorable ‘Unicorn Puppy’ Has A Tail Growing Out Of His Forehead
- WATCH: Alpaca Herd Peacefully Grazes Below A Spectacular Pink Sunset
- Penguin Swims 5000 Miles Each Year To Visit The Man Who Saved Him