What could be cuter than a baby panda? How about dozens of baby pandas? That’s what you see at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in Chengdu, China, where researchers care for baby pandas in a special daycare.
What Is A Panda Daycare?
Chengdu Research Base is a conservation organization, panda sanctuary, research site and tourist destination all rolled into one. When pandas became endangered, the Chinese government took action to protect these much-loved bears.
Since then, breeding programs at Chengdu and other panda centers have led to a steady increase in their population.
They’re Truly Precious
This has taken a lot of work. Pandas don’t have large families. Female pandas can only get pregnant a couple of times a year, and they typically only have one baby every other year.
As a result, every baby at the Chengdu Panda Base is a truly special jewel.
Pandas are native to China, which is the only country where they survive in the wild.
Enjoy All These Cute Critters
The Chengdu Research Base is also a sanctuary for red pandas and other native Chinese birds and animals. Those red pandas are pretty darn cute, too.
Fortunately for us, the good people at the Chengdu Research Base have posted lots of adorable footage, and you can now watch a baby panda learning to walk or pandas being mischievous.
Enjoy them all!
More Animal Stories
- Family’s Heartfelt Gift To Policeman Who Lost His K-9 Brings Him To Tears
- Meet The Quokka – ‘The World’s Happiest Animal’
- Dog Stays By His Brother’s Side After Being Hit By A Car And Left To Die
- Adorable ‘Unicorn Puppy’ Has A Tail Growing Out Of His Forehead
- WATCH: Alpaca Herd Peacefully Grazes Below A Spectacular Pink Sunset
- Penguin Swims 5000 Miles Each Year To Visit The Man Who Saved Him
- Dog Left Alone In Car — Drives In Circles For An Hour!