A dog’s love and loyalty are extraordinary. That was proven true in the story of a dog who stayed by his brother’s side until they could be rescued after an accident.
In late December, two dogs escaped from their yard in Dade City, Florida. As they walked down a road, a car hit six-year-old yellow lab Brennan. The driver did not stop, and Brennan was left to die by the side of the road.
He did not have to wait alone, however. His “brother” Dale, a chocolate lab, stayed by his side until help arrived.
A Touching Tale
The touching story made headlines across the country and the world.
Brennan’s injuries were so severe that a veterinarian said he would need euthanasia. Luckily, the Florida rescue group Maxx and Me decided to help Brennan.
After surgery, Brennan made an amazing recovery.
Sadly, Brennan and Dale were separated when the dogs’ owner decided to keep Dale but not Brennan. It was another blow to Brennan, but as volunteer Mac Steinmeyer said, “The team behind this brave boy is confident that he is capable of living a long, happy, high quality of life after this. It’s all we wanted for him.”
More Animal Stories
- Adorable ‘Unicorn Puppy’ Has A Tail Growing Out Of His Forehead
- WATCH: Alpaca Herd Peacefully Grazes Below A Spectacular Pink Sunset
- Penguin Swims 5000 Miles Each Year To Visit The Man Who Saved Him
- Dog Left Alone In Car — Drives In Circles For An Hour!
- Brave Woman Saves Screaming Koala From Bushfire With Her Own Shirt
- Miracle Dog Shot 17 Times Becomes Registered Therapy Dog
- Hand-Knitted Baby Bird Nests Needed For Local Rescue Group