Every new season brings us a chance to change our wardrobes, our decorating style and our favorite recipes. This Fall Harvest Chex Mix is a perfect example. It’s the classic party recipe but with the fall-friendly additions of spices and pumpkin seeds.
Perfect for Parties
The holiday season usually brings a lot of socializing. People are in and out of each other’s homes and relatives visit from out of town. Parties center around warming, comforting food and drinks.
This Fall Harvest Chex Mix is great to have on hand for every occasion. It’s perfect to put out at all your parties, bring to potlucks or carry to work events.
What’s Different About This Chex Mix?
This recipe takes the original party mix and adds seasonally appropriate pumpkin seeds for a dash of crunch and flavor. The varied shapes and golden colors make it look as inviting as it tastes.
Tips for Making Fall Harvest Chex Mix
- Make this truly seasonal by using the new Halloween M&M variety. The new flavor comes in orange, brown and red. Using it will give your Chex Mix a wonderfully fall-appropriate look.
- You can buy pumpkin seeds in most grocery and discount stores. You can also order them online.
What to Serve With Fall Harvest Chex Mix
You can’t go wrong with one of the many pumpkin beers or ales that come out every season. Southern Tier’s Pumking is a smooth, delicious choice.
This Warm Pumpkin Pie Cocktail is a creamy, decadent treat that works as a cocktail and dessert all in one.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Maple Butter Spiced Popcorn – everything you love about carrot cake while adding a seasonal touch that makes it perfect for fall.
- Apple Pie Trail Mix – yummy combination of apple, cinnamon and caramel flavors
- Pumpkin Pudding Cookies – white chocolate, spices and pudding create velvety cookies that melt in your mouth.
- Maple Butter Spiced Popcorn – warm, crips popcorn with fall flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
- Maple Butter Spiced Popcorn – classic treat with a crunchy shell and a creamy, luscious center
Fall Harvest Chex Mix
Fall Harvest Chex Mix is a classic party recipe with fall-friendly additions of spices and pumpkin seeds. It's perfect for parties, potlucks or work events.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Prep cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
Melt the butter. Set aside,
Combine cereal, crackers, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl,
Add the melted butter to a small bowl.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon pepper sauce and 1/8 teaspoon pepper sauce.
Stir as you add the ingredients.
Drizzle over the chex mix.
Use your hands to toss the mixture to coat all of the ingredients.
Dump the chex mix on the prepared cookie sheet. Spread the mix throughout the cookie sheet.
Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
After removing from the oven, carefully put in a large bowl. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Add the M&M's.
Stir to combine.
Store the remaining chex mix in a lidded jar or a zip loc bag.