A little goat named Polly is melting hearts all over the internet and gaining sympathy for animals with disabilities everywhere.
A True Story
Polly is a blind goat and the star of her own children’s book, Polly and Her Duck Costume. The book tells the story of Polly’s rescue from a farm and arrival at Goats of Anarchy, a sanctuary in New Jersey.
When Polly’s rescuers realize that Polly only feels safe when she is wrapped in something warm, they make her a warm, fuzzy duck costume that she wears everywhere.
Although Polly feels safe in her duck costume, the day comes when she develops a new interest. When she meets a baby goat named Pippa, the two become best friends. Once that happens, Polly no longer needs her protective costume.
Get Out the Tissues
The video depicting Polly’s caretaker reading her own story to her is one of the most charming, heart-tugging things you’ll see on any screen of any size.
Get the tissues out for this one, we’re warning you!
You can buy the book about Polly on Amazon.
How to Help
Goats of Anarchy is a farm sanctuary that specializes in caring for disabled and special needs goats. If you’d like to help Polly, Pippa and the other goats, you can make a donation or buy goat-themed merchandise.
More Animal Stories You’ll Love
- Quackers The Duck and Max The Malamute Become Best Friends
- Baby Skunks Practice Their Stomping Routine And Make Adorable Noises
- Judge Gives Animal Abuser Humiliating Punishment To Fit Her Crime
- Artist Brings Ordinary Stones To Life With Adorable Animal Paintings
- UPS Driver Adopts Pit Bull On Her Route After Owner Passes Away
- WATCH: Playful Cat Tests Buddhist Monk’s Patience During Prayers
- “Angel Dog” Appears In Photo Of Woman Spreading Her Pet’s Ashes
- Ghostly White Giraffe Caught On Film With Her Adorable Baby
Leave a Reply