As a UPS delivery driver, Katie Newhauser made friends with people and pets along her route. One day, she went an extra mile for one of those friends.
Newhauser lives in Rancho Cucamonga, California, where she has been a UPS driver for several years. Over the years, she has become friendly with customers and their dogs on her regular delivery route. She developed a particularly close friendship with a woman named Tina and with Tina’s dog Leo.
Newhauser posted a picture of Leo riding shotgun in her UPS truck on the UPS Dogs Facebook page. The page is dedicated to dogs and other critters that UPS drivers have befriended on their delivery routes.
Newhauser told People magazine, “Leo would hear my truck come into the condo complex and start barking and scratching at the door to come down to the truck. He loved coming to the back of the truck to look around.”
One day, Newhauser got the devastating news that Tina had died. She also learned there was nobody in Tina’s family who could adopt Leo.
A Truly Special Delivery
At that moment, Newhauser decided to adopt the big, friendly pup herself. She picked him up and delivered him to his new home. Newhauser said he’s getting along great with her other dogs and is truly part of the family.
More Amazing Animal Stories
- WATCH: Playful Cat Tests Buddhist Monk’s Patience During Prayers
- “Angel Dog” Appears In Photo Of Woman Spreading Her Pet’s Ashes
- Ghostly White Giraffe Caught On Film With Her Adorable Baby
- Planes Drop Over 4,000 Pounds Of Food For Starving Animals
- Rare Baby Zebra Born With Polka Dots Filmed In Kenya
- Border Collie Saves Flock Of Sheep From Raging Australian Bushfire
- Pooper Scooper Robot Finds And Picks Up Backyard Dog Poop
- Panda ‘Daycare’ Is Real And It’s The Most Adorable Place On Earth