The coronavirus crisis means there’s no chance of visiting any Disney theme parks this year, but you can create some of that Disney magic right in your very own kitchen. The folks at Disney have released the secret recipe for their much-loved Churro Bites.
Previously available only at Disneyland, the crunchy, golden bites are now making a star appearance in homes everywhere.
What Are Churros?
Churros are a traditional Spanish dessert. To make them, you deep-fry ribbons of dough in oil and then coat them in sugar and cinnamon. Some people believe they were invented by Spanish shepherds who needed a snack they could cook easily over an open fire.
They are traditionally served with hot chocolate, and many people like to dip the churros into the chocolate. We strongly urge you to try this. It’s ridiculously delicious.
Churros Are Hot, Hot, Hot
Churros are one of the most popular of all dessert items. In Spain and Mexico, you can find entire restaurants dedicated to these golden, crispy, sweet ribbons.
Disney estimates that almost 6 million people chow down on their Churro Bites every year when visiting the Magic Kingdom.
Make Churro Bites Today
Are you ready to cook up some churros? You can do it with the recipe that made Disney’s churros famous.
The best part about this recipe is that you probably have all the ingredients you need right at home. It only takes eggs, flour, cinnamon, sugar, vegetable oil and butter.
Bring Home the Magic
Give your family a taste of authentic Spain blended with Disney magic. Let us know if you tried making these.
- Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies – the perfect cookies when you have a craving something rich and self-indulgent
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes – a perfect bite of tropical bliss.
- Maple Pecan Blondies – get ready for the ultimate in rich, gooey decadence
- Apple Cider Shortbread Cookies – these cookies melt in your mouth and are not overly sweet
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – make a great breakfast or the perfect snack between meals
- Easy Brownie Cookies – soft and chewy like a brownie while the outside has the texture of a cookie