Adam Hergenreder of Gurnee, Illinois, has a message for his fellow teens who enjoy vaping. “It’s going to attack your lungs,” he warns.
The 18-year-old was hospitalized with an advanced pulmonary disease that nearly stopped his breathing. Experts suspect that a vaping device filled with cannabis oil might be to blame.
Concerns About Cannabis
Across the country, health authorities have reported dozens of vaping-related illnesses and deaths. It’s happened in Illinois, Minnesota and Oregon.
In most cases, the people getting sick were using cannabis oil in their vaping devices.
Street Vapes Might Be the Problem
Authorities also point out that many users are buying cannabis vapes from street dealers. These black market vapes are often tainted with dangerous ingredients.
Hergenreder admitted that he was buying street vapes when he got sick.
- Energy Drink Addiction Leaves Mom with Pacemaker at 32
- Marine Who Covered Grenade To Save Friend Receives Medal Of Honor
- School Bully Assault Nearly Blinds Teen
- Police Search Stage 4 Cancer Patient’s Hospital Room for Marijuana
- Miracle Dog Shot 17 Times Becomes Registered Therapy Dog
- Husbands Are Taking Way Too Long To Poop, Experts Say
- Alcohol-Related Liver Disease Is Skyrocketing Among Young Adults