Are you trying to choose between chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies? Why not make both? Enjoy the best of both worlds with these Toll House Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They give you the wholesome goodness of oatmeal and the rich, smooth delight of chocolate.
Toll House Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Are a Classic
This is a fail-safe, classic cookie recipe that’s easy to make and perfect for every occasion. Every once in a while, it’s a great idea to revisit and rediscover an old favorite.
These cookies are particularly welcome in the fall and winter, when you’ll appreciate the extra dense, rich texture you get from the oatmeal. They’re also a great way to sneak healthy oats into your diet.
Tips for Making Toll House Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Be sure to use quick-cooking oats rather than instant or traditional, steel-cut oats. The special processing that makes them cook quickly also makes them ideal for baking and cooking.
- Get creative with the ingredients. You can add any type of chocolate chips, M&Ms, raisins, nuts or shredded coconut. This great, versatile recipe works with everything.
What to Serve With Toll House Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Since these are oatmeal cookies, what could be better than a creamy, thick oatmeal stout? Try the Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout from Anderson Valley Brewing Company. It has coffee and chocolate undertones that are perfect with all your fall desserts.
If you want to stick with the chocolate theme, you can’t go wrong with this easy, two-ingredient Gourmet Hot Chocolate.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes – a perfect bite of tropical bliss.
- Maple Pecan Blondies – get ready for the ultimate in rich, gooey decadence
- Apple Cider Shortbread Cookies – these cookies melt in your mouth and are not overly sweet
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – make a great breakfast or the perfect snack between meals
- Easy Brownie Cookies – soft and chewy like a brownie while the outside has the texture of a cookie
Toll House Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Toll House Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies give you the wholesome goodness of oatmeal and the rich, smooth delight of chocolate.
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 12 oz chocolate chips
Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat together. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the salt and flour together.
Dissolve the baking soda in hot water.
Now to the butter mixture, add the baking soda mixture alternately with the flour and salt mixture.
Mix in the oatmeal, nuts and chocolate chips.
Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F.