They’re tasty boiled, baked, mashed, fried and roasted. If you’re a fan of spuds, you can now grow your own easily in a bag or a bucket. If you have a tiny garden or no garden at all, you can grow tasty, nutritious potatoes.
Anyone Can Grow Your Own Potatoes at Home
Most of us think potatoes need a lot of land. In reality, you can grow them anywhere that’s sunny. It’s not complicated, and it’s an affordable way to grow your own organic potatoes.
You will need:
- Bags or buckets for growing.
- Garden soil.
- Organic fertilizer.
- Seed potatoes.
Lots of People Are Ready to Help
Are you nervous about getting started? Don’t be. The online world is full of people who want to help you do this.
Van Meuwen Gardening makes grow bags that come with their own seed potatoes. The company has created a wonderfully helpful instructional video that walks you through the whole process.
Potatoes Even Grow In a Bucket
Hollis and Nancy of Urban Homestead show you how to grow potatoes and sweet potatoes in a 5-gallon bucket.
As Hollis says, “If you have room for a bucket or two in an area that gets good sunlight, you can grow potatoes.”
Goodness That Tastes Good
Potatoes aren’t just good to eat. They’re also good for you. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, copper, antioxidants and dietary fiber.
Buy some grow bags now. You’ll be ready to harvest your own potatoes this summer.
- Raised Garden Beds Keep The Critters Away And Reduce Back Strain
- Rose Succulents: The Perfect Low-Maintenance Plant For Flower-Lovers
- Lithops Are “Living Stones” That Look Like Beautifully Marked Pebbles
- Teddy Bear Sunflowers Produce Beautiful, Fluffy Golden-Orange Blooms
- People Are Turning Broken Flower Pots Into The Cutest Fairy Gardens
- Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangeas Produce Gorgeous White and Pink Flowers
- Smelling Rosemary Improves Memory
- How To Grow Your Own Avocado Tree With Growing Kit For Under $20