Take yourself back to a time of flappers, speakeasies and café’ society with a batch of Crème de Menthe Brownies. These rich, fudgy squares resurrect a lovely, old-fashioned liqueur to create a fresh new sensation.
These Brownies Are the Cat’s Meow
I have a weakness for old-fashioned liqueurs and cocktails. I still think drinks like the Pink Squirrel, the Sidecar and the Golden Cadillac should be served in any proper establishment.
Crème de menthe is one of those iconic liqueurs. These Crème de Menthe Brownies allow me to blend my love of this liqueur with my love of chocolate.
They Are a Grownup Treat
These brownies offer three layers of rich, boozy indulgence that your guests will love. Be sure to keep them safely away from children and pets.
Tips for Making Crème de Menthe Brownies
- Crème de menthe comes in white or green versions. If you can’t find the green type, add half a drop of green food coloring to the white one.
- Use a good quality chocolate syrup for the richest flavor. Making your own chocolate syrup is easy, and the taste is amazing.
What to Serve with Crème de Menthe Brownies
Crème de Menthe Brownies are perfect for a party. They already have alcohol, and they already have a color scheme.
Go all out with the mint and chocolate by making these fabulous Grasshopper Drinks. This recipe is a good way to put your extra crème de menthe and chocolate sauce to good use.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Gluten Free Brownie Cookies – deliciously fudgy and so easy to make
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies – creamy, indulgent and loaded with chocolate
- Pumpkin Pudding Cookies – velvety cookies that melt in your mouth
- Red Velvet Brownies – the cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch
- Lemon Brownies – just the right mix of fresh lemon and sweetness
Crème de Menthe Brownies
CRÈME DE MENTHE BROWNIES…..three layers of rich, boozy indulgence!
Mix together the sugar, butter (1/2 cup), eggs, vanilla, flour, salt and chocolate syrup.
Pour mixture into a greased pan (9"x13").
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
Mix together the powdered sugar, butter (softened) and crème de menthe.
Spread the mixture evenly over the cooled brownies.
Melt together the chocolate chips and butter (6 tbps).
Pour the mixture evenly over the crème de menthe layer.
Cut into bars while at room temperature and then keep refrigerated.