Everyone hopes for a long, happy marriage when they say their vows, but some couples give a whole new meaning to the concept. That’s the case for two centenarians in Charlotte, North Carolina, who just celebrated 82 years of wedded bliss.
That’s a Lot of Anniversaries
D.W. Williams and his sweetheart Willie first got married in 1937. Since then, they’ve lived out every word of the “for better or for worse” promises that most couples make on their wedding day. They have been through tough times, good times and everything in between. They had three children and dozens of grandchildren.
In May, the couple appeared on the Steve Harvey Show to talk about the secrets to a long, happy relationship. Despite prodding from Steve and his audience, the couple said they couldn’t offer any secrets because they didn’t really have any.
“We just find funny things to talk about,” said Willie.
They Love God and Each Other
Their granddaughter believes it’s their faith that binds them. “They still go to church every Sunday,” she said. “They love God and each other.”
D.W. put it simply during an interview with a local news program. “Don’t fuss,” he said, meaning he never argues with any decision Willie makes. Who knew it could be that easy?
- Grandma Rescues Base Jumper Dangling Off High-Rise Building
- GPS Shoes Now Available For Seniors With Alzheimer’s And Dementia
- ‘Old Coots’ Give Free Advice Every Saturday At Local Market
- Hilarious, Heartwarming Story About Grandma With Early Onset Dementia
- Cities Are Building Elder Playgrounds For Boomers To Exercise And Play
- 102-Year-Old Releases First-Ever Music Album Called ‘Senior Song Book’
- Smelling Rosemary Improves Memory
- 65-Year-Old Oklahoma Woman Gets Tased After Resisting Arrest