If you have a loved one with dementia or Alzheimer’s, the possibility that they might wander is a serious concern. Now, you can use soles with built-in GPS to track them everywhere they go.
SmartSoles Are a Smart Idea
The insoles are made by a company called GPS SmartSole. The insoles use GPS and cellular technology to track the person wearing them. You can use your phone or your computer to get the person’s location.
They look just like the insoles that you’d buy at the drugstore. They’re small, lightweight and discreet.
Peace of Mind for Caregivers
Patti Ciancaglini is the wife and caregiver of former professional boxer Ray Ciancaglini, who is now a concussion awareness activist. In a video, Patti explains that Ray enjoys walking around their outdoor property, but she worries that he’ll get lost.
SmartSole allows Ray to enjoy his walks without wandering into dangerous areas or getting lost. It also gives Patti peace of mind and allows her to keep Ray at home instead of taking him to a nursing home.
The SmartSole is designed for:
- Adults with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Children with special needs.
- People with traumatic brain injury.
- Anyone who’s at risk of wandering.
Therapist Lynette Louise, who specializes in working with developmentally disabled clients, uses the soles to help her clients get a taste of freedom while staying safe.
An Uncommon Solution to a Common Problem
Alzheimer’s and dementia cases are on the rise. SmartSoles are a smart solution that will make life a little easier for everyone.
- ‘Old Coots’ Give Free Advice Every Saturday At Local Market
- Hilarious, Heartwarming Story About Grandma With Early Onset Dementia
- Cities Are Building Elder Playgrounds For Boomers To Exercise And Play
- 102-Year-Old Releases First-Ever Music Album Called ‘Senior Song Book’
- Smelling Rosemary Improves Memory
- Teens Are Gluing Their Lips To Make Them Look Fuller
- 65-Year-Old Oklahoma Woman Gets Tased After Resisting Arrest
- Energy Drink Addiction Leaves Mom With Pacemaker at 32