This Sheet Pan Jambalaya is chock-full of bold, zesty, Creole flavors that everyone will love. I made it for a family reunion recently, and everyone was going back for seconds and thirds.
What is Sheet Pan Jambalaya?
Jambalaya is an exceptionally popular dish that has French and Spanish influence. It consists of meat, rice and vegetables and, let’s be real—it’s straight up comfort food!
I agree with Mark Twain when he said, “New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.”
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Muffaletta Sandwich – this street food classic from the Big Easy is big and easy to make
- Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos – the marinade is what gives them the authentic “street” taco flavor!
- Olive Garden Copycat Fonduta – you just can’t beat baked gooey cheese served with toasted Italian bread!
- Instant Pot Crawfish Boil – if your family likes crawfish, they are going to love this recipe
Sheet Pan Jambalaya
- 3 sweet bell peppers red, yellow, and green
- 2 medium onions
- 13 oz cajun smoked sausage
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp creole cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 packages precooked jasmine rice 8.8 oz each
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Line a very large sheet pan with foil.
Remove the stem and seeds and chop the bell peppers into small pieces.
Thinly slice the onion.
Slice the sausage into rounds.
Slice your chicken in half to make thinner and then slice into small chunks.
Place the peppers, onion, chicken and sausage on a large sheet pan.
Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tbsp creole seasoning.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Take the sheet pan from the oven and add in the tomatoes.
Add the remaining olive oil and creole seasoning and toss again. Cook for another 6-8 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add the rice.
Toss and then place back in the oven for 2 more minutes.
Remove from the oven.
Sprinkle with fresh green onions.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did and that you get the chance to try it out soon!