Like many would-be grooms, Steven Weber wanted his proposal to be unique. His unconventional approach turned horrifying, however, when his daring underwater proposal resulted in his death.
An Unforgettable Underwater Proposal
Steven Weber and his girlfriend Kanesha Antoine were vacationing at the Manta hotel in Tanzania. The hotel has a room with an underwater bedroom.
Weber decided that this would be the perfect setting for an offbeat, unforgettable proposal.
Weber Filmed His Own Death
In a video that has since gone viral, you can see Weber swimming to an underwater window, waving and holding up a handwritten proposal.
When he failed to appear above the surface, Antoine knew he was in trouble. She contacted first responders and rescue crews, but it was too late.
Details of the Drowning Are Unclear
Weber’s sister Mandy Hoffman told CNN, “We know he drowned, but we don’t know the circumstances surrounding that.”
In a poignant Facebook post, Antoine wrote, “You never got to hear my answer, which would have been, ‘Yes! Yes! A million times, yes, I will marry you!'”
- 65-Year-Old Oklahoma Woman Gets Tased After Resisting Arrest
- Energy Drink Addiction Leaves Mom with Pacemaker at 32
- Marine Who Covered Grenade To Save Friend Receives Medal Of Honor
- School Bully Attack Leaves Teen In A Coma
- Couple Recreates Iconic Woodstock Photo 50 Years Later
- More Seniors are Downsizing into Tiny Homes at Retirement
- Woman Finds Long-Lost Engagement Ring On A Carrot 13 Years Later