Give your summertime drinking a burst of freshness with this Orange Slice Moonshine. It’s a potent way to celebrate the season’s sunny flavors.
Get Ready for Summer With Orange Slice Moonshine
This citrus-flavored drink will add a touch of Southern hospitality to all your gatherings. Whether you’re having a casual cookout or an elegant summer brunch, everyone will enjoy this adult treat. If you’re interested in trying more amazing moonshine flavors, you might want to try Jolly Rancher Moonshine or Candy Corn Moonshine.
Tips for Making Orange Slice Moonshine
- Cointreau and Grand Marnier are the best-known orange liqueurs, but you don’t need anything that expensive. Triple sec is a good substitute. Ask for the cheapest triple sec at your local liquor store.
- Give your moonshine time. Leaving it in for the full 30 days ensures a smooth, mellow brew.
- You can make a lemon-flavored version of this drink with lemon candies and limoncello lemon liqueur.
A Word About Everclear
If you’ve never used Everclear to make drinks, be careful. This is powerful stuff, and a little goes a long way.
Here’s the lowdown straight from the Big Moonshine blog:
“Everclear is 190 proof. Let me make that clear. By comparison, most rums and vodkas clock in between 40% to 60% or 80 to 120 proof. Everclear is deemed the strongest alcohol on earth. Chemistry doesn’t allow anything stronger than 191 proof to exist.”
If you’re not comfortable using something that powerful, it’s fine to use plain, unflavored vodka instead. You will still get delicious results.
How to Serve Orange Slice Moonshine
Serve moonshine cold. Use chilled shot glasses or fill rocks glasses with crushed ice.
If you don’t want a strong drink, turn the moonshine into a cocktail by adding mixers. Put it in the blender with vanilla ice cream to create a creamsicle milkshake. Add it to iced tea with lemon for a true Southern treat.
Orange Slice Moonshine
Give your summertime drinking a burst of freshness with this Orange Slice Moonshine. It's a potent way to celebrate the season's sunny flavors.
Wash and dry your mason jars first
Open your Orange slice packages and fill each jar with as much as you can fit in it
Fill the jar with Everclear until it is 1 inch from the top
Add 1 oz. of Orange Liquor into each mason jar
Close and seal the lids
Shake the jars vigorously for a minute
Place the jars in a cool dark place for one week
Shake them at least once or twice a day
At the end of the week, strain the liquid and remove the candy remains
Place the liquor back in the jars
Keep stored in a refrigerator
Keep for a maximum of 30 days
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe – fresh, juicy lemons, sweet honey and fragrant lavender
- Raspberry Summer Breeze Cocktail – perfect combination of tart and sweet!
- Southern Peach Cocktail – great for turning into Southern Peach Popsicles!
- Piña Colada Sangria – the perfect summertime party drink