Indulge Your Cranberry Cravings With White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
If you’re like me, the holiday season is the perfect excuse to use cranberries whenever possible. If you’ve already made cranberry butter, cranberry bread and cranberry punch, you might be wondering what else you can do. That’s when it’s time to bake these delicious cookies.
If you prefer milk or dark chocolate chips, you can use them, but the classic combination of berries and cream is classic for a reason. In my opinion, white chocolate is closer to a sweet cream or milk than it is to chocolate. That makes it the perfect backdrop for bright, sharp berries. Try these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies and I think you’ll agree.
Tips for Making White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- You can use fresh cranberries instead of frozen if you have them on hand. If you’re using frozen, the baking experts at King Arthur’s Flour recommend thawing them and patting them dry before baking with them.
- Are you hesitant to use brown sugar because it always turns into brick on you? Use these tips to get brown sugar soft again and on storing it so it stays that way.
What to Serve With White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Since you’re buying cranberries anyway, use them to mix up a batch of this delicious, festive Cranberry Thyme Spritz that gets its kick from vodka.
These cookies would also be scrumptious with a nonalcoholic drink like this Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate.
More Holiday Recipes You’ll Love
- White Christmas Mojito – a drink that looks as gorgeous as it tastes
- Apple Cider Shortbread Cookies – these cookies melt in your mouth and are not overly sweet
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread – perfect with your morning coffee or as an afternoon snack
- No Bake Bourbon Balls – decadent bites of creamy chocolate
- Christmas Wreath Cookies – these sweet, crunchy cookies look like Christmas on a plate
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are made velvety smooth by the white chocolate while the tangy flavor of cranberries keeps them from being overly sweet.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks (or white chocolate chips)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen cranberries coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
Stir in the milk, orange juice and egg.
Mix in the remaining ingredients.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake 10-15 minutes.
Makes about 11 dozen cookies.