You say you don’t have time to cook? Even the busiest person can find the time to throw together this easy, low-cost and finger-licking good Skillet Monterey Chicken.
You Need This Skillet Monterey Chicken In Your Life
Everyone needs a recipe like this. It’s foolproof, it’s easy enough for anyone to do, it takes only minutes to prepare and it uses everyday ingredients. It uses only one pan, and cleanup is a snap.
It’s also a delicious, soul-satisfying meal nobody can resist. The warm, hearty flavors of bacon and cheese combine to make a mouthwatering mouthful.
When I make this, there are no complaints. There are also no leftovers.
Skillet Monterey Chicken Is the Answer
We all have those days that get away from us. You didn’t plan anything for dinner, and it’s almost time to eat. You have last-minute guests coming over, and you didn’t have time to shop for them.
With this fast, easy Skillet Monterey Chicken, you can answer the challenge with a no-stress, low-cost meal everyone will enjoy.
Tips for Making Skillet Monterey Chicken
- Make this even easier with precooked bacon, which is available at most grocery stores. You’ll need to use oil or no-stick cooking spray to brown the chicken.
- If you don’t have barbecue sauce on hand, you can whip some up yourself. Here’s a homemade BBQ sauce recipe that’s guaranteed to add big flavor to this dish.
- You can replace the chicken breasts with meaty, lower-priced chicken thighs, but you must increase the cooking time.
What to Serve with Skillet Monterey Chicken
This dish has a slightly Southwestern flair. It will go perfectly with a side dish like this Authentic and Easy Mexican Rice.
You could also add a fresh salad like this Simple Mediterranean Avocado Salad.
For a delicious wine pairing, try a white zinfandel.
Skillet Monterey Chicken
Even the busiest person can find the time to throw together this easy, low-cost and finger-licking good Skillet Monterey Chicken.
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 6 tbsp bbq sauce your favorite brand
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 large roma tomato diced
To your skillet, add bacon and fry on medium heat until crispy.
Cool bacon on a plate lined with paper towel, then chop up coarsely.
Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook chicken breasts on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes until browned on each side.
Add Worcestershire sauce to skillet and pour chicken stock over the chicken breasts. Cover skillet and cook 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Turn off heat.
Top each chicken breast evenly with bbq sauce, cheese and bacon.
Broil about 1 minute or until the cheese melts.
Top with green onions and tomato.
- American Chop Suey – a classic budget-friendly comfort food
- Pesto Turkey Sliders – all the fun of a bite-size burger while cutting the fat and adding some sophistication
- Muffaletta Sandwich – a street food classic from the Big Easy that’s easy to make
- Cherry Cola Chipotle Ribs – tender ribs imbued with a rich, complex flavor
- Thai Chicken Dinner – tender, moist and sticky chicken thighs packed with delicious flavor!
Leave a Reply