I love a fast, easy recipe as much as the next busy baker. But every once in a while, it’s good to take your time working on a special concoction. For me, that means making a batch of these divine, decadent Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies.
Enjoy Every Bite of These Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
This recipe isn’t complicated, but it does require some time. You have to chill the dough before you form the cookies, and you’ll need plenty of counter space covered in parchment paper.
Trust me, it’s worth it.
These cookies combine the dark, divine goodness of dark chocolate with the familiar flavor of Oreo cookies, smooth, delectable cream cheese and a touch of peppermint to liven things up.
Here’s Why You’ll Love These Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
These are the perfect cookies for those days when you have a craving for something truly rich and self-indulgent. They’re rich enough to serve as dessert and taste great any time of day.
They’ll stay nice and soft if you keep them in the lidded container.
When you want to make something special for yourself or a gathering of friends, these cookies are a great choice.
Tips for Making Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- Parchment paper is the key to baking success. If you’ve never used it, start using it now and you’ll see the difference.
What to Serve With Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
You can’t go wrong with a delicious, holiday-themed fancy coffee drink that you can make at home for a fraction of what you’d pay at a coffee bar.
More Holiday Recipes You’ll Love
- Apple Cider Shortbread Cookies – these cookies melt in your mouth and are not overly sweet
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies – the white chocolate makes them velvety smooth while the tangy flavor of cranberries keeps them from being overly sweet
- Reindeer Chow (Muddy Buddies) – a big, generous bowl of chocolate and salty goodness
- No Bake Bourbon Balls – decadent bites of creamy chocolate
- Christmas Wreath Cookies – these sweet, crunchy cookies look like Christmas on a plate
- Holiday Persimmon Cookies – tender, buttery and delicately flavored cookies
Oreo Crunch Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prep cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Lay a sheet of parchment paper on the counter.
Add the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, peppermint extract, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
Using an electric mixer, beat the batter until it turns into a soft dough.
Add the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces, and chocolate chips. Gently stir these ingredients into the cake mixture.
Transfer to the refrigerator and chill the dough for 30-60 minutes.
With the cookie scoop make cookie balls. Roll the dough into round balls. (Will make about 24 balls)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. (Do not over bake)
The cookies will look undone and soft.
Allow the cookies to remain on the cookie sheet and cool for 2-3 minutes.
Using a spatula, gently remove the cookies and put them on the parchment paper lined counter.
With the cookies on the parchment paper lined counter, top gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of the flat spatula to flatten out.
Allow the cookies to completely cool.
Store the remaining cookies in the lidded container.